Stann Winn

His Testimony of Healing

On Wednesday 4th August 2010 at Clatterbridge Hospital, I was diagnosed as having a double hernia. Two years prior to that I had had an operation for a single hernia also at Clatterbridge Hospital. The specialist that I saw, who I found out was a Christian, confirmed what my doctor had told me that I had a hernia and that he would operate on it. After a short while I went to Clatterbridge Hospital and had the operation, which was a success and I was in and out on the same day. However, two years later I suspected that I had another hernia, which the doctor confirmed, and made arrangements for me to go again to see the same specialist who had operated on me previously. An appointment was made for me to have a pre operation examination. A month or so went by when I had a call from his secretary to tell me that he had a very long waiting list, and asked if I wouldnít mind seeing somebody else from the same team, which I agreed to. I went along to see him and he said to me that not only did I have a hernia but had in fact a double hernia. I had never heard of this, so he told me that I not only had a hernia in the groin but also had a hernia of the umbilical cord. He told me not to worry as he would operate on it and that I would be okay. When I got home I prayed about it very much and I felt that if I was going to have an operation that it should be done by the man who had operated on me previously, since I knew him and also that he was a Christian and that he had done such a good job. I phoned his secretary and asked if it would be possible for him to operate on me again, and she said that she would arrange that and put me on his waiting list. By this time I was in fellowship with the New Brighton Baptist Church and I asked the pastor if he would come and lay hands on me in accordance with James Chapter 5, which makes it quite clear "is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise him up." So, as always I put the matter to the Lord and I asked my pastor, Phil, from New Brighton Church to come along and lay hands on me, which he did with one of the elders, Doug. So the pair of them came along and anointed me with oil in the name of Jesus and we left it at that in the hands of God. Later on I received a letter to advise me of the date of the operation on 12th October 2010, that they wanted me at the hospital at 7.00am and that it would be done at Arrowe Park Hospital. So I went along there, and about 9.30am I was called in by one of the nurses to be prepared for the operation and all the necessary tests that have to be done. When they were completed the anaesthetist came to see me and explained the procedure. He then asked the nurse who had seen me to give me an injection in the stomach. A few minutes later as the nurse was preparing to give me the injection, the specialist came in and welcomed me and said that he was ready to do the operation, and he asked me to get on to the bed so that he could examine me once more. After he had done this he asked me how I felt, so I told me that I felt fine, which I did. He then said to me that he was pleased to tell me that I had no signs whatsoever of a hernia, and I have to be honest and say that I was absolutely surprised. Well, what are we Christians like; we pray for things and then when God answers we are the most surprised people on Earth! So I asked him specifically about the umbilical cord, but he replied to me that it was fine, and said that if there was anything wrong with that, then I must have had it since my birth. So he told the nurse to take me to the rest room and give me some toast and marmalade and a cup of tea! He also asked the nurse to ring my daughter and tell her to pick me up, as I was fine. I was absolutely jubilant, it was tremendous, and so the nurse took me down to the rest room. Anyway as would be expected the nurses talk to each other, and a few minutes later somebody came in with the tray and said to me "whatís all this about, you donít need an operation?" So needless to say I told her all about what had happened, and she said to me that it was really lovely. About 10 minutes afterwards another nurse came in and said the same thing and so I told her the same story. Then again another nurse came in and said to me "whatís all this I hear, about you being healed?" So I repeated the same story and she flung her arms in the air and shouted "hallelujah, hallelujah," and off she went. In the meantime there was a man sitting opposite me about 70+ years of age in the rest room who was in there for something to do with his eyesight and he looked really astonished by all that he heard so I went over to him and testified to him all that had happened. Well, since that day I have never looked back, I havenít had the slightest sign of a hernia of any description.

Although, like most people we have our ups and downs in life, I cannot begin to tell you of the love, peace and joy that the Lord has brought into my life, and to that of my dear family, since I came to know Him as my Saviour. When Jesus was asked which was the first commandment, he replied, " Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength, " and secondly "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." (Mark 12: 30,31). If only all the people in the World would obey these two commandments, what a wonderful place it would be to live in.

With all my love, prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

To God be the glory!